- Being Outside Is Good For Your Body and Mind — Here’s Why - December 14, 2023
- The Chicest Bracelets for Women (All Under $100) - December 14, 2023
- Water Is Life — Here Are 11 Simple Ways to Drink More of It - December 14, 2023
Cold-resistant. Comfy. Incredibly cool. These gloves are the best winter accessories to get your hands on (literally).
Sure, some accessories are frivolous. But this time of year, one outfit add-on is simply non-negotiable: leather gloves.
Whether you’re an outdoorsy enthusiast or just trying to make it through the winter unscathed, hand-warming garments are not to be neglected — and leather gloves are as stylish as they come. Like cozy winter coats and durable snow boots, they can make or break your outerwear outfits.
What to look for in the best leather gloves
From Max Mara to Ferragamo, the Fall 2023 runways were packed with leather glove looks. They bring a stylistic edge to the mitten game, but when shopping for the right pair, what matters most is quality.
“Leather gloves should feel like a second skin,” explains Kalie Johnston, the product design lead at Canadian footwear and accessories brand Poppy Barley. “The leather should be soft and buttery so that it moulds to the hands,” she says, adding that it’s best if its lined with natural materials that have warming properties, such as cashmere or silk.
It may sound like a given, but make sure they fit well. “The tips of the fingers shouldn’t be too long,” says Johnston. “If there is excess room in the fingertips, you should size down, even if the rest of the glove feels a little tight. They will relax with wear.”
Next, consider when you will wear them, whether it’s your chilly commute to work or long walks in the dead of winter. “This will inform how warm of a lining you should look for,” says Johnston. Last but certainly not least, keep an eye out for fun colours and interesting designs. After all, this type of elevated elegance is what sets leather gloves apart.
The best leather gloves for women
Women’s genuine leather gloves
These super-soft sheepskin gloves are an ideal everyday basic. Lined with 100% cashmere and complete with touchscreen-compatible fingertips, they’re suitable for any winter activity, form driving to texting to strolling in the snow. These winter gloves are hand-made with care, and have built-in wind- and water-proof protection.
- If you’re not satisfied with your purchase, a refund or free exchange is guaranteed
- Sturdy and durable with a chic design
- Available in 9 colours
- Clean-cut stitching with casual everyday wearability
- Some reviews say they run small, so try sizing up if you’re unsure
Harold genuine leather cashmere-lined gloves
Handsewn in Italy, these quality leather gloves deliver uncompromising warmth without sacrificing style. Made of 100% leather with a cashmere lining, they’re sure to offer comfortable insulation. The durable bottom and knuckle stitching adds to their timeless appeal, and their natural crease detailing is made to adapt perfectly to your hand over time.
- Available in 2 colours
- Vented cuffs for breathable wear and moveability
- Classic leather design with weather-protective wea
- Not touchscreen compatible
Touchscreen texting cashmere lined dress gloves
Engineered with high-tech touchscreen capability, these leather gloves have full palm touch-screen ability for easy device access. Whether you’re typing on your smartphone or using an ATM, there’s no need to take your gloves off to do so.
Aside from that, they’re made to keep you warm, with a top layer of Italian sheepskin and a high-quality cashmere inner-lining.
- Choose from 6 colours of these touchscreen leather gloves
- Strong wear and crack resistance
- Braided side stitching for elevated style
- Heavy duty warmth
- Some reviews note that the fingers run large, so size down if you’re unsure about what size to get
Women’s winter leather dress gloves
At just $25, these gloves deliver luxury feel for a portion of the typical price. Made of leather with a polyester palm and wool flannel lining, they feel delicate and soft while promising to withstand extreme cold.
With sleek side buttons and touchscreen-compatible fingertips, they meld elegance with functionality — without hurting your pockets.
- Dressy gloves that have everyday durability
- Reviewers love them for their true-to-size fit
- These stand up to cold weather despite their affordable price tag
- Only available in two sizes
Max Mara black Spalato gloves
In need of a pair of gloves that are chic, minimalist and sophisticated? Max Mara has the ones for you. Adorned with subtle logo hardware at the cuffs, these leather gloves exude quiet luxury with insulated function. Made of Nappa lambskin, they have a thick knit wool lining and vented cuffs for comfortable all-day wear.
- This order qualifies for free shipping
- Subtle luxury branding
- Vented cuffs for comfortable breathability
- Only available in one colour
Best with cashmere
Simons leather cashmere-lined gloves
These Canadian-designed gloves are made of genuine leather with a 100% cashmere wool underside for utmost comfort. Crafted with a classic design and glossy leather sheen, they’re a versatile must-have for braving any windy outing. Reviewers love them for their snug, precise fit.
- Available in three colours
- Easy to dress up or down
- Smooth and elegant
- Timeless cashmere-lined leather gloves that offer serious warmth and comfort
- No vented cuffs, which some find limits movability
Poppy Barley The Sleek Leather Glove
Designed to sit higher on the wrist and to be paired with bracelet-length sleeves, these gloves are longer and larger for those who are looking for extra protection on cooler days.
With a Nappa leather exterior and luxe cashmere lining, they offer a sophisticated aesthetic and cozy slip-on feel. Reviewers love them for their extra-warmth.
- Available in 7 colours
- One-year warranty
- Sleek leather look with winter durability
- Though they are winter-weather-approved, they aren’t fully waterproof. Use a leather protector if wearing in the snow
Maeve mid-length faux leather gloves
In case you missed the memo, red accents are entirely in vogue this season. The perfect way to make an outfit shine, pops of crimson add styling intentionality and colourful vibrancy to any ensemble. These rich red gloves are the perfect way to get in on the trend.
Made of faux leather — a combination of polyurethane-coated polyester and wool with a nylon lining — they’re ultra-durable for volatile conditions.
- Available in 4 colours
- Suitable for texting
- A versatile outerwear staple with a statement-accessory appeal
- Hand wash or spot clean this pair of leather gloves only
This article contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.